Latest News Events
- Sept2018: CME on Gynaec Oncology & Robotic Surgery Workshop
- Apr2018: Inauguration of Robotic Surgical System
- Vattikuti Technologies met with our team
- Sunrise Institute of Robotic surgery
- Red FM Vizag
- Amazing Team-work of heterogeneous teams
- Andhra-Medical-College Principal Dr Sudhakar,
Sunrise Institute Of Robotic Surgery is established as a centre of excellence for comprehensive cancer care and prevention. The Institute is one of the largest cancer centres in India
It provides seamless cancer care under one roof through its services including diagnostics, state-of-the-art therapies including Surgery, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy and symptom management to meet the needs of oncology patients
It promises a patient-centered approach to cure, for improving the quality of life and restoring hope
It offers compassionate care, a comfortable and friendly environment tailored to suit the needs of all cancer patients.
Robotic or Robot-assisted surgery integrates advanced computer technology with the experience of the skilled surgeons. This technology provides the surgeon with a 10x magnified, high-definition, 3D-image of the body's intricate anatomy.
The surgeon uses controls in the console to manipulate special surgical instruments that are smaller, as well as more flexible and manoeuvrable than the human hand. The robot replicates the surgeon's hand movements, while minimizing hand tremors. The surgeon thus can operate with enhanced precision, dexterity and control even during the most complex procedures.
Robotic Assisted Minimally Invasive Surgery
Otsego Memorial Hospital has already been offering minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery – surgery that uses small incisions and allows a doctor to see inside a patient’s body using a tiny camera attached to a tube – and now the hospital is offering a new type of state-of-the-art, minimally invasive surgery with the addition of the da Vinci® Surgical System. The da Vinci Surgical System features a 3-D high-definition vision system with tiny instruments that bend and rotate in sync with a surgeon’s movements, offering surgeons greater precision, enhanced vision, and greater control. Sunrise Institute Of Robotic Surgery are the first centre with da vinci surgical system facility in Vizag.
What is da Vinci Surgery and how can it help me?
da Vinci Surgery is a less invasive technique than what is referred to as “open” surgery. With da Vinci Surgery, the cuts (incisions) made in your body by your surgeon are much smaller than the cut made during open surgery. da Vinci Surgery is therefore considered “minimally invasive surgery.” Studies of da Vinci Surgery have shown the following benefits in comparison to open surgery:
- Faster recovery time
- Shorter hospital stays
- Smaller or fewer incisions
- Less scarring than traditional open surgery
- Decreased risk of infection and bleeding
- Less pain
Patient Care Robotic System
- Where is the da Vinci Surgical System being used now?
- What are the benefits of da Vinci Surgery compared with traditional methods of surgery?
- How does robotic surgery with the da Vinci S Surgical System work?
- While using the da Vinci Surgical System, can the surgeon feel anything inside the patient’s chest or abdomen?
- Are there any studies showing that da Vinci Surgery is better than traditional open surgery?
- Is this telesurgery? Can surgeons operate over long distances?
- Is Intuitive Surgical developing theda Vinci System for telesurgical applications?
- What is the average cost of the da Vinci Surgical System?
- What is Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)?
- Is this “robotic surgery”?
- Why is the company called Intuitive Surgical?